Who are we looking for?
We are looking for data scientists with proven experience in statistics, machine learning, optimization and/or building data products. Currently Fazland is managing a huge amount of information and we aim to use them to improve our users experience and matching.
You will be responsible to implement machine learning algorithms, analyze data, create recommendations and predictive modelling. We expect you to play with data in order to help and support our marketing and business units to understand areas of improvement and uncover opportunities turning your analysis into real business results and metrics.
You will be joining our Technical Team – already counting on a CTO and 5 devs. We believe in "sharing" and "learning" therefore we attend technical meetups, participate to conferences and organize plenty of activities to deepen our skills. You will play a fundamental role in our next years strategy to become the Italian market leader in leads for service providers.
- Elaborate, analyze and model data, make experiments supporting Fazland in becoming a smarter product in helping our customers;
- Architect and deploy recommendations systems (item-item collaboration filtering? why not…) to production together with our development team;
- Test Test Test over data will be your mantra :)
- Expert of probability and statistics including experimental design, predictive modeling, optimization and causal inference;
- Familiarity with recommendation theory and some experience in implementing recommendations such as Collaboration filtering (user-user, item-item, content-based, hybrids system) and Singular Value Decomposition;
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts: regression and classification, clustering, feature selection, curse of dimensionality etc;
- M.S. or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or other relevant technical field.
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience with tools in the Hadoop ecosystem such Hive, Pig, or Spark;
- Enjoys discovering new unexplored fields and makes research on them; and
- Knows what T.A.R.D.I.S. is :)
Place of work and benefits:
- Top-class IT equipment;
- Informal working environment and a team of young motivated professionals;
- Organisation of regular social activities for our team (es: cineforum, games night, dinners and onsite events);
- Participation in events, seminar, courses ecc;
- We are based in Reggio Emilia in the Midnight Call office in via dello Statuto 3 within the cool Coworking Impact Hub;
- We will agree on the starting date together;
- We offer competitive salaries and terms of employment based on the experience and skills. The salary includes a solid bonus based on target reaching.